Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Morning

Emerson and mommy having some girl time together!

****************************************************************************

Before we left the hospital yesterday, Chad and I went for one more visit with our little angel. Grandmother had woken up with a cold, so she wasn't able to go in. She did, however, get to watch through the window.
Emerson was facinated by daddy's hat.

Grandmother peeked in through the window in the hallway since she had a cold.
***********************************************************************
Charlie and daddy woke up with the crud this morning, so I called on Jessi (Emerson's godmother and one of my best friends) to take me to see her at the hospital. We arrived about 10:30 and Nurse Jean reported that she had been a naughty girl in the night. She had pulled out her IV twice! They had replaced it in her arm, but Jean said that it was looking irritated so she might have to move it. I got her snuggled up in my arms and she calmed down for a little while. But, Jean quickly came over and said that the IV seemed irritated so she was going to remove it. To my surprise, she said she was going to leave it out! This is great news because that means that they feel like she is able to get all of her nourishment from the milk! They still can't give her a bottle because she is breathing too fast, but that is improving too. They gave her an ounce and a half through the tube while I was holding her and she immediately calmed down. My little piggy was just hungry! Once she was fed she immediately went to sleep. Jessi and took turns holding her and loving on her. We gave her instructions to continue making good progress so that we could bring her home soon. With Chad still feeling bad, he is passing on going to see her today. The last thing we want to do is expose her to any germs. I will see who I can convince to take me over there later today - since I require a chauffeur!

Holding hands with mommy!

My godmother Jessi and I are going to be very special friends!

1 comment: