Friday, January 23, 2009

Face to Face with my Mommy

Eskimo kisses!

Once I was bundled up and in my mommy's arms, I settled down, finally!

I talked to the NICU doctor today at 1pm and she told me the best news I had heard since we arrived here Tuesday! She said that Emerson was being removed from the oxygen hood. She said that I would be able to hold her this afternoon! Thank you Lord! This was what I had been hoping and praying for all day. I wanted so badly to get to hold my little girl before I went home. Of course, then everyone convinced me to stay at the hospital one more night so that I would get to see and hold her several more times before I went home. So, that is what I have decided to do. We hope that this huge turn will mean that Emerson will get to come home soon, but even if she needs to stay, being able to hold her makes all the difference!


3 comments:

Mandy said...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I am soooooo excited for you guys!! She is precious and I can't wait to get MY hands on her!!!

Kacey said...

you are such a good mommy! She looks great in your arms. I can't wait to keep reading the good news:)

Jill said...

We are so happy for you. Glad to hear that she is doing better. Love the pictures! She is precious.

Jill